Molds are living organisms that thrive in warm, dark and moist places. Hence, you can expect them to be found anywhere in your home or office during the warm and wet seasons, especially in corners and any place hidden or not regularly cleaned. Molds can also grow on your bags, shoes, furniture, and even on your food.
So, the question is: can mold make you sick? Aside from penicillin, the answer is “yes” because it is considered dirt or pollutant in the air you breathe or a toxin in your food.
Spores are tiny reproductive cells of molds that are easily released in the air. Inside a closed area, these spores can be inhaled and may cause health issues especially to those who have respiratory problems, allergies or weak immune systems. When you or any of your household members or business staff experience sore throat, headache, coughing, runny nose, sneezing, fatigue, and watery eyes, you may have some molds hiding within your domain. Immediately seek an expert on mold removal in Greenville SC to avoid more health hazards.
Exposure to mold can also worsen existing respiratory problems and asthma. Infants and young children who are exposed to mold have an increased risk of getting asthma when they reach the age of seven, according to a 2012 study.
When ingested, black mold is said to have toxic effects. Eating moldy food results in mycotoxicosis or mold poisoning. This condition may worsen if you have pre-existing digestive problems; hence, it may result to diarrhea or stomach ache and discomfort. Mold remediation in Greenville SC will be able to help you eliminate the presence of this toxic mold.
Immune system-related issues
Anyone who has a weakened immune system, such as one with uncontrolled HIV, under cancer treatment, and transplant patients could have fungal infections. The most vulnerable people at risk are older adults, infants, and children. Greenville SC mold remediation technicians are dependable and are able to clean up your place to avoid further health risks.
Remedies and preventive measures
If anyone in your household has mold allergy, the following must be considered: avoid the allergen if possible; use a nasal rinse; take antihistamines; use decongestant sprays; take nasal corticosteroids; take oral decongestants; or undergo immunotherapy.
The following things must be done in order to eliminate mold infestation: monitor the humidity level in your place, use a dehumidifier when necessary, check if there are signs of mold or water damage, clean the bathroom frequently to remove mildew and mold, use exhaust fans or open windows in the bathroom or kitchen in order to improve ventilation, and don’t use carpets in the basement, bathroom or kitchen. Finally and most importantly, contact your mold removal company in Greenville SC and get professional advice and help.
For your mold remediation concerns, call ServiceMaster of the Upstate at (864) 310-7891 for a 24-hour emergency service in South Carolina. For details, visit our website at https://www.