Your home may have taken a beating after all the festivities and entertainment of the holiday season. It’s nice to welcome the new year with a tidy home, even if cleanups are tempting to put off. This basic to-do list from ServiceMaster of the Upstate will leave your home in Spartanburg, SC, spic, and span.
Take decorations down.
- The holidays can be so overwhelming that stress can extend up to the new year. Some decorations may still be up by the time Valentine’s Day rolls in because the task of storing them is repeatedly put off.
- Organize your decorations as you take them down to easily locate them during the next holiday season. Invest in transparent bags and boxes to easily spot an ornament.
- Delicate or fragile ornaments should be placed in a sturdy container for protection.
Freshen up furniture.
- Holiday stains and spills have no place on your upholstery. Likewise, dust and food crumbs must also be removed. Wipe and vacuum to get rid of unwanted debris.
- To effectively remove stains, spills, allergens, and bacteria lounging on your couch, professional upholstery cleaning is necessary. This process also prolongs the life of your investment pieces and prevents frequent replacements.
- Your floors are worn out from the foot traffic of the holidays. Wood floors, in particular, can be tricky to clean because of their delicate nature.
- Be cautious when sweeping, vacuuming, or mopping wood floors. Use a damp mop and never a soaking wet mop.
- Do not use harsh chemicals on your wood or tile floors to avoid bleaching or damage.
- For a deep and thorough wood floor cleaning in Spartanburg, SC, contact a professional cleaning company.
- Carpets trap a significant amount of dirt and debris. Dirty carpets are smelly, unsanitary, unappealing, and cause health issues.
- To prevent stains and spills from setting in, immediate treatment must be applied. Contact a dependable carpet cleaning company in Spartanburg, SC, to help you out.
Miss anything? Use this checklist to ensure that all corners are cleaned! If you need help, you can always hire a cleaning specialist to help you out.
Contact Us for Specialty Cleaning Services in Spartanburg, SC
Book an appointment with one of our experts at ServiceMaster of the Upstate at (864) 310-7891. Customers can also connect with our staff through our online contact form. We serve Spartanburg, SC, and surrounding areas and counties.
Here’s a testimonial from one of our clients:
Their quick response, courtesy, and kept me informed on what was going on. Let me know exactly what they were going to do.John D.
We have the equipment and experience for a thorough cleanup. Don’t know what to do next? We do. Contact us today.