All across the country, states have been imposing strict health guidelines on their population because of the pandemic brought by the coronavirus disease. Quarantine has been mandated to the general public to slow down the spread of the virus.
The government is starting to reopen the economy. States are struggling with timelines for reopening businesses and workplaces. It will undoubtedly be challenging to transition to the new normal after the quarantine is lifted. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released guidance to help companies and employers prepare for reopening and ensure that COVID-19 safety measures are in place. It is vital to continue to follow the recommendations of the health department and to take appropriate actions to get your facilities ready for reopening. It is crucial to implement safeguards to make sure that your employees and customers are protected.
Ask preliminary questions.
In the CDC guidance, these questions should be considered before reopening:
- Will reopening be in compliance with state and local orders?
- Will you be ready to protect employees at higher risk for severe illness?
Adapt to recommended safety practices.
The guidelines from the CDC also advocate the following safety actions:
- Promote healthy hygiene practices, especially frequent handwashing with soap for at least 20 seconds throughout the day.
- Intensify sanitation and disinfection of work areas. Make sure no virus has a chance to spread on your premises by booking a professional carpet cleaning service in Spartanburg SC.
- No large gatherings. Gathering times should be staggered and in small groups.
- Ensure social distancing. Workstations and seating should be properly spaced out.
- Cancel non-essential travel. Consider alternative work arrangements such as work from home set-up.
- Establish routine health checks on workers and employees.
- Train all employees and staff on all safety measures.
Prepare your property for the reentry of workers and customers.
The CDC has also given guidance which you can consult when you start cleaning and disinfecting indoor areas of your workplaces and places of business.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items more often, such as mobile phones, doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, and other items often touched by other persons.
- Thoroughly sanitize and disinfect high-traffic areas, especially those made of soft and porous materials like carpet. To ensure deep cleaning, you can call a trusted carpet cleaning company in Spartanburg SC for your safety and peace of mind.
- Be vigilant in maintaining routine sanitation and disinfection to reduce the potential of infection.
- Monitor your area for COVID-19 news and updates.
Get your property ready for reopening. Call now for carpet cleaning services Spartanburg today. Call ServiceMaster of the Upstate at (864) 310-7891 for a 24-hour emergency service in South Carolina. We are serving Greenville, Spartanburg, Laurens, Newberry, Saluda, and surrounding areas and counties.