Being a homeowner has many joys, but also many challenges, so peace of mind that your residential property in Greenville is secure and well maintained can be hard to find. Water damage from leaks at home is an issue that affects the lives of the homeowners at some time. And the typical bill for water damage in Greenville can run into thousands.
Whether you are away from home for long periods, perhaps own a second property that you use for holidays or to let out, or even if you are looking for greater peace of mind around your home.
Here is our guide on how to prevent water damage in your residential property in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Switch off your water. Stop the danger of water damage before it starts. Before you leave your house for any length of time – a holiday or a weekend away for example – it’s sensible to switch off your water supply via the master shutoff.
- The shutoff is often situated under the sink, in the bathroom or, if you have an internal water meter, then it will be on the connected pipe.
- Leave a set of keys with a neighbor. If you do experience a water leak while you are away then you need to take action fast to prevent water damage taking hold. Having a neighbor with access to the house to switch the water off for you will greatly limit the water damage done
- Don’t run water consuming devices when you are not at home. In our busy lives, it can be tempting to press run on the dishwasher or washing machine as we dash out of the door. But limiting the use of these appliances to when you are at home means that you can identify and deal with any leaks immediately.
- Consider investing in a water security system. For total reassurance, no matter how far from home you are, an intelligent water security system will be an asset to your home.
If you are in need of a water damage restoration service in Greenville, Saluda, Spartanburg, Newberry, and Laurens South Carolina, ServiceMaster of the Upstate is a superb option for you. Our business is fully licensed and insured, and our technicians are professionally trained and certified, so you can rest assured that the job will be done correctly and efficiently. Please call our emergency line at (864) 310-7891, and we will be available to you as soon as possible.