Water damage is among the leading causes of the destruction of home valuables. Not only does it weaken your home’s foundation, but it also has the potential of reducing your home’s overall sale value.
Water damage negatively affects your house’s core strength, resulting in severe structural damage. It leads to damp wood which invites carpenter ants and termites. Additionally, it causes mold growth and poor indoor air quality.
Water damage can rack up thousands of dollars in repairs. Learn how to minimize these costs.
Signs of Water Damage
- Cracks in your foundation
- Electrical shorts
- Rusted pipes
- Peeling wood surface
- Algae and mold formation
- An increase in humidity
- Stains or dampness in ceilings or walls
The moment you spot some signs of water damage in your home, contact ServiceMaster of the Upstate for immediate water damage restoration to avoid property loss and potential mold exposure.
Minimizing Restoration Costs
We completely understand and avidly believe that transparency and integrity should be a rule of thumb in this industry. To significantly reduce water mitigation costs whenever you are dealing with water damage in South Carolina, you should contact a professional water damage restoration service provider immediately, such as ServiceMaster of the Upstate.
The advantage of seeking professional help or the services of water damage firms is that they have professionals with years of experience tied under their belt and they make use of the most recent equipment for their work. Employing professionals for their services ensures your home is in safe hands.
At ServiceMaster of the Upstate, we only use the most efficient and up-to-date equipment and processes:
- With water mitigation services from ServiceMaster of the Upstate, we give the appropriate service to match the situation.
- Not only can water absorption in the structure of your home damage the overall integrity, but it can also cause mold problems.
- Our technicians know the consequences of mold in the home, so they are sure to thoroughly check for potential mold areas and completely dry out the structure of your home to avoid mold formation.
- Calculating the exact or correct number of dehumidifiers for water loss can be complicated and simple at the same time.
- A competent technician like our IICRC-certified water damage restoration technicians at ServiceMaster of the Upstate can quickly determine the best and most reliable drying options in consideration of the performance of the equipment, load, and continuous monitoring of drying envelops by making use of a psychrometric chart.
- Assuming there is water damage in your bathroom, you will need to contact a water restoration company in South Carolina.
If the damage is not severe or life-threatening, you can stay at home. Keep in mind the importance of calling or asking for assistance when there is water damage, regardless of how small you consider it.
Although the damage caused may seem minimal, if it is unchecked, it may lead to more significant problems that may cause further issues and put your life and that of your loved ones at risk.
How to Deal With Water Damage?
Minor leaks can be fixed, but the best step to take is to call a licensed plumber or water damage restoration professional to address the issue and keep costs low.
There are some things that can be done with plumbing or appliance leaks before the professionals arrive. Turn off the water supply connected to the leak. ServiceMaster of the Upstate provides the usual shut-off valve locations for some common fixtures and appliances:
- Dishwasher: Check under the sink; the location is likely to be close to the sink shut-off valves.
- Sink: Sinks will typically have two shut-off valves, one for hot water and one for cold water. Check the area underneath the sink, next to the water supply lines.
- Toilet: Toilet shut-off valves are close to the toilet and near the floor, as part of the water supply line.
- Refrigerator with water and ice dispensers: Check the supply tube running to the refrigerator, likely behind the refrigerator or under a nearby sink.
Lessen the damage by removing standing water near the leak through a mop. If mold growth is discovered, it’s best to leave the remediation to the professionals, as improper cleaning may cause the damage to spread even further.
Schedule an Appointment for Water Damage Restoration in Greenville, SC
Call ServiceMaster of the Upstate today at (864) 310-7891 for water damage inspection and assessment. You may also connect with us online to schedule an appointment.
- ServiceMaster Achiever Award for Outstanding Service and Growth
- Best of Spartanburg for Carpet Cleaning and Disaster Restoration Services
- IICRC Certified firm
We service residential and commercial properties in Boiling Springs, Gaffney, Greenville, Greer, Laurens, Mauldin, Newberry, Saluda, and Spartanburg, South Carolina, and the surrounding areas.
If you are in need of immediate services due to water or storm damage, please call our emergency line and we will be available to you as soon as possible. We are dedicated to our customers and our community, and we will do everything in our power to return your home to its pre-loss condition.