Are you a property owner who is dealing with roof and water damage? Do you need a contractor to repair emergency water damage? You should not be misled by assurances of poor quality work performed by unauthorized companies.
Accepting low-quality work from contractor may cost you extra money and leave you with no guarantee.
Common Red Flags Indicated by Unlicensed Water Damage Contractors
To prevent being tricked by unlicensed contractors, you should constantly request to check the contractor’s permit and identification cards that a contractor’s license number shows. Here are some of the common red flags below:
1. Informal solicitations
If somebody suggests repairs and home improvement services in an unprofessional way like simply knocking at your door, odds are they are not a licensed contractor. Secure that solicitation brochures given to you have a valid five-digit contractor’s license number indicated.
2. The bargaining strategy
Many restoration scammers will offer homeowners a very low price for the deal and claim that they have leftover materials from the previous project and can propose a deal at a much lower cost.
3. Upfront payment
Unlicensed contractors usually try to acquire big payments upfront to buy materials or suggest some agenda to get most of the amount before initiating with the project. Remember not to pay in cash and always ask for receipts.
Tips for Hiring a Water Restoration Professional
The reality behind the water restoration procedure is that it is typically pricey and may take days or weeks to be achieved, which depends on the size of the water damage. Repairs that are too quick to finish may lead to complex damages and more costs in the end. The cost of employing a fair and honest disaster recovery company will ultimately save you time and money. When hiring a flood restoration expert, do these tips below to prevent becoming a scam victim:
- Discuss with your insurance agent to understand whether your insurance policy covers the price of disaster recovery assistance.
- Review the water damage restoration specialists company whether they have obtained good reviews from previous clients.
- Know about the contractors’ strategies to restore different types of water damages.
- Demand the company to provide you with all assurances stated in the contract before the job starts.
- Check if your contractor registered his company with the state.
- Avoid contractors who come to you unrequested
- Only pay the last payment for flood rehabilitation work after a contractor completes the job.
- Never settle payments with cash, use a check instead.
Why Choose ServiceMaster Upstate?
Trusting unqualified contractors can render additional damages, cause your damage claim to be rejected, and pause claims and possessions from being restored for years. It is more reasonable to prevent the casualties earlier and trust in ServiceMaster of the Upstate to achieve the restoration works for you.
ServiceMaster of the Upstate is one of South Carolina’s specialist water restoration firms. We repair water, fire, and mold-damaged properties for the commercial, residential, and insurance markets.
We have 24/7 emergency vehicles that are prepared to assist with any water damage crisis in Greenville, Saluda, Spartanburg, Newberry, and Laurens, South Carolina, and surrounding areas in a short period of time.
Awards and Certifications
- Organizational affiliations- Chamber of Commerce
- Best of Spartanburg for Carpet Cleaning and Disaster Restoration Services
- Awards- ServiceMaster Achiever Award for outstanding service and growth
- IICRC- WTR (Water Restoration)
- ASD (Applied Structural Drying)
- FCT (Floor Cleaning & Care)
- UFT (Upholstery Cleaning)
- FRST (Fire & Smoke Remediation)
- CCT (Carpet Cleaning)
- OCT (Odor Control)
Call ServiceMaster of the Upstate at (864) 310-7891 for emergency water damage cleanup and repair services in Columbia, SC.